- A 24/7 therapeutic living environment focusing on intervention, education, and recreation
- Serving youth in foster care ages 12-18 who have experienced trauma
- Individual, group, and family therapy to meet personalized treatment goals
- Capacity for 80 young men
Specialized Care serves young men in foster care, ages 12-18, in a 24/7 therapeutic living environment promoting intervention, education, and recreation. The 180-acre ranch offers seven dorms with the capacity for 80 young men; each youth has his own room, adding to his sense of safety. Youth in Specialized Care have experienced trauma and therefore are unable to regulate their emotions or behaviors and/or struggle with problematic sexual behaviors.
Treatment is provided by qualified and caring therapists. These therapists are licensed professionals, offering treatments including:
- EMDR Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Equine Assisted Therapy by EAGALA-certified therapists
- Recreational Therapy
- Catalyst Program for Youth with Problematic Sexual Behaviors
- Individual, group, and family therapy
Youth attend school on-site through the Pleasant Hope School District. They also benefit from a multi-purpose gym and weight room, indoor swimming pool, and indoor and outdoor equestrian areas utilized both during the school year and summer.
We seek to reunify the youth in treatment with their families, if possible. We strive to keep the family and their youth connected while their youth is in our care. Families are asked to participate in family therapy and family visits may be arranged. As reunification proceeds, we continue to support the family and aid reunification through Stabilization Services.
Good Samaritan Boys Ranch also offers Step Ahead, a pre-transitional program supporting young men, typically between the ages of 15-18, as they apply concepts and coping skills learned in Specialized Care. This program assists youth in the transition from the structure of specialized residential treatment to a more permissive setting with additional autonomy and responsibility, such as returning home or entering a Transitional Living program.
Good Samaritan Boys Ranch Specialized Care is licensed by the Department of Social Services and accredited through the Council on Accreditation.
Good Samaritan Boys Ranch
5549 Hwy K. Brighton, MO 65617
Phone: (417) 376-2238